Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cover letter help
Topic Started: Apr 24 2017, 03:20:06 PM (459 Views)
canaussie
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi, just wondering if there's anybody here that's good with cover letters.

I am a nurse with Queensland Health (in Townsville), but am looking at another job (in Brisbane). I think QH used to use the selection criteria model, but now its a 'how you will be assessed'.

I have asked someone to help with a cover letter, which because its government and has this section that she says needs to be addressed, she wants $220, which I'm really in no position to pay for right now. So thought I'd ask and if not, I'll wing it on my own and hope it gets me an interview.

Paula (dual Canadian/Australian) married to an Aussie since 1999 and mummy to an Aussie since 2000

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mouse
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
I would certainly be willing to help if I had expertise in your field. Don't think a solid cover letter from an IT prospective would be of much assistance. Good luck in your hunt :)
John 3:16 - One of the most powerful messages ever given.

NurseJules
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi Paula! Lovely to see you on here again! I am by no means an expert, but I recently helped another fellow nurse friend with a cover letter for a clinical role. We made really good use of Google believe it or not, there are hundreds of templates for both new grads and experienced RN's to be found with a few searches. I found it helpful just to have a starting point and then we tweaked it quite a bit to highlight her experience and skills. I totally agree $220 seems like quite a lot to pay!! It was a few months ago now, but I'll see if I can find any of the better links I came across.

Good luck with your interviews and applications!!

canaussie
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Mouse and Jules 🙂

I managed to put something together with the help of someone in another group. One posting closed on Sunday, one yesterday and one this Friday. Let's see if my new cover letter is a new and improved one, if it is then it will lead to interviews.

We'll see 🙂

Jules if you find the links I'll be happy to have a look, but don't go out of your way to look for it....I've used google too 👍🏻
Edited by canaussie, May 9 2017, 12:33:37 PM.
Paula (dual Canadian/Australian) married to an Aussie since 1999 and mummy to an Aussie since 2000

« Previous Topic · General Chit-Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone