Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
California Police Clearance From Sydney; State Police Clearance
Topic Started: Oct 5 2017, 10:34:26 AM (58 Views)
Donuts
Piker
I'm struggling to prepare a request for California State Police Clearance.

As part of the Partner Visa application, my partner from USA has been advised to obtain an FBI and State Police Clearance for each state he has lived in - which is only California.

A summary of the requirements & our efforts:

• We have submitted our request for an FBI clearance, got LiveScan fingerprints at Day St Police Station in Sydney CBD
  • As per the website of Attorney General of California, people residing outside of California are required to complete a manual process which includes ink fingerprinting on their fingerprint form
  • Unable to find anyone that provides ink fingerprinting service in Sydney and have been advised to contact the US embassy and consulate
  • Contacted the US embassy and consulate and they have confirmed that they are unable to help with biometric services for background/police checks
  • Emailed Department of Justice (DOJ) in California to explain my dilemma, they have made it clear in multiple emails that it MUST be ink fingerprints on their form. They will not accept a printout of LiveScans even though it provides the same prints
  • I'm waiting on DOJ to send me an official form for the prints, as I cannot just print out the PDF version online
  • DOJ have suggested for me to buy some ink and do it ourselves, although when getting LiveScan prints by a police official it even took multiple tries to get the 'correct print'
  • I've got in phone contact with DIBP, several police stations (mostly the larger stations) as well as Day St in Sydney CBD, spoke to a Supervisor there who confirmed that ink fingerprinting has been phased out and they only do LiveScans, doing ink fingerprinting by yourself is illegal and only authorities are to conduct fingerprinting service
  • The supervisor told me I can keep contacting stations as I might find the odd one that might still have ink laying around but its about a 1% chance

Surely someone had completed this or has some sort of idea on where I can go for ink fingerprinting, or share their experiences with obtaining a Police Check.

I don't want to attempt doing prints myself or make multiple submissions because the whole process (fees, mail etc.) is costing over $100. I've spent countless days and weeks trying to organise this and have been constantly hitting a wall. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AmbyCakes
Piker
Hi Donuts!

I am in the exact same position right now. I am from California and here in Brisbane. My partner and I are gearing up for the partner visa. From my understanding, you can print a finger print card out as long as it's on a stock card material and not traditional paper. We are going to look in our area to see if there are other options but if traditional finger printing is phased out here like it is in Sydney, I suggest perhaps getting, if possible, a notarized statement from a police department stating that it's phased out. I know it sounds like a crazy idea, but this is what I was thinking about doing if I'm in the same situation.

I personally would get mine scanned here in Aus and do the ink prints myself so the FBI can immediately tell they are your prints. I know it sounds a bit much but I feel like due to this entire process I'd rather do more than needed to avoid any hiccups.

I am sorry if this response isn't of much help, but hopefully it is somewhat. Best of luck to you and your significant other.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Immigration & Visas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone