Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Turkey (or Chicken) Chili
Topic Started: Jun 11 2007, 02:05:23 PM (832 Views)
rhimb
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]

I thought this might be a good recipe to share now that it's winter. This will warm your belly! :)

1/2 kilo turkey or chicken mince
2 Cans of diced tomatoes
1 Can of whole kernel corn
1 Can of Mexican Chili Beans (found in the same section as the kidney beans in my local Coles)
1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
1 onion
1 clove of garlic
1 packet of chili seasoning (usually found in the "Mexican" section next to the taco season or burrito seasoning)

Chop and saute the onion and garlic with the mince. I usually sprinkle a little garlic salt on while the meat is browning also (up to you). Once the meat is cooked, add all the other ingredients. Just let it bubble away for about 15 minutes or so to warm through. Easy peasy!!

I usually serve it over rice with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheese on top. You could also add a bit of cooked elbow maraconi instead when you add all the canned ingredients if you prefer pasta to rice.

I used to make this in the US, but I've had to adapt for different ingredients over here. I used to use a can of Ranch Style Beans instead of the Mexican Chili Beans, and I used to use one can of Rotel tomatoes in leiu of one can of diced tomatoes. I also used to use chili powder and Tony Sachere's seasoning instead of a seasoning packet.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!!
Rhianna
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hanasian
Anklebiter
[ * ]
Good recipe! Close to my own I came up with here in Oz. Copied from another message board...

Chicken Chili

1/2 kilo of chicken thigh mince
2 Cans of Ardmona diced tomatoes
1 Can of Edgell Sweet Corn
2 Cans of Edgell 4 Bean Mix (found in the same section as the kidney beans in my local Coles)
1 onion, chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 packet of 'Mexican' seasoning (from Coles)

Saute the onion, capsicum, and garlic with a little bit of olive oil.
Add chicken mince to pot and brown.
Once the meat is cooked, add the beans, corn, and tomatoes.
When it starts to simmer, add seasoning. Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve with buttered toast slices or buttered English Muffins
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Tucker Time · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone