Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bed Bath and Beyond?
Topic Started: Feb 13 2008, 01:31:26 PM (5,913 Views)
kshapiro3
Piker
Hi All! New to Australia -- moved from NYC to Templestowe and my 457 visa is in process! Woohoo! Back in NYC, I used to purchase all housewares -- sheets, towels, dishes, coffee makers, lamps, etc. at a store called Bed Bath and Beyond. Is there any equivalent here in Australia? Where do people generally purchase sheets and towels? I'm seeing a lot of 100% cotton sheet sets for over $100 -- is that the norm? Any help would be appreciated!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
:wave: Welcome to the Forum and Australia!

I haven't found anything quite like Bed, Bath, & Beyond here in Australia. I get some stuff at Adairs but it's really just the bed and bath part. They beyond part would probably just be Target.

elsja
aussie pilot lover
[ *  *  *  * ]
There's a store called Bed Bath and Table here in sydney. It's a chain- but it's NOTHING like the BB&B in the states. It's just tiny and doesn't have a HUGE selection.

EVERYTHING here is way more expensive. I had my mom ship me nice, fluffy, big towels from walmart. I've seen towels of the same or lesser quality here in target and places like bed bath and table for 40-60 bucks PER TOWEL.

Your best bet would be target or Kmart (evidently kmart is of higher quality here than target- it's the total opposite in CA). Even there though towels were really expensive!
Elsja's Bloggity Blog

Posted Image

TerritorianTori
Member Avatar
Being boring
[ *  *  *  * ]
:welcome: to the forums!

I get all my bed & bath stuff from Adairs too. In fact, we just hit a 30% off sale last week to replace some of our European-style pillows and they were "only" $20.47 each, we thought we made out real well. :goodonya:

Seriously, I agree with Angie, the "beyond" part is probably Target. Or even Meyer or David Jones. Prepare to spend big!
Posted Image

South Texas to the Northern Territory - since 2004

I'm a huge fan of... Angry Video Game Nerd | The Big Bang Theory | Person of Interest | Every Marvel universe TV and film adaptation ever made | Doctor Who | Pet Shop Boys | Yanks Down Under ~ Americans living in Australia
I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Instagram. Sorry.

kshapiro3
Piker
Many thanks for the help! My local Target didn't have much -- I'll try to get to Myer or W over the weekend -- thanks again!

« Previous Topic · "How Do I...?" · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone