Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Visa Granted!; timeline and info
Topic Started: Jan 17 2009, 06:58:36 AM (2,725 Views)
Ellikyre
Piker
Hi Everyone,

I hope I have posted this in the right spot, apologies if I haven't. My fiance and I were extremely lucky to find this board about 5 months ago and the help we received was absolutely priceless, we couldn't believe how lucky we were to have found a place like this with such wonderful and helpful members. We applied for our Prospective Marriage Visa and I just got an extremely excited call from my fiance telling me his Visa was granted! :)

I will post our timeline and any information that might be helpful for others going through this process but if there is anything else that anyone would like to know, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Fiance is from : Ohio, USA.
Visa applied for at the Washington Office, USA.
Visa Type: Prospective Marriage Visa, Subclass 300.

17th Sep 2008: Sent Application to Washington
19th Sep 2008: Application Confirmation received. Medical requested
4th Nov 2008: Medical done and sent to Washinton
10th Dec 2008: Assurance of Support requested
15th Jan 2009: Assurance of Support completed and sent to Washinton
17th Jan 2009: VISA GRANTED

All up it took 4 months to the day. Our case officer was amazing (im unsure whether or not it's ok to put their initials so I won't for now) She was extremely helpful and answered both the emails we sent her with questions within a day or so. We sent our application registered post and placed loosely (no folders, paperclips or staples) in an envelope and included the FBI PCC and Ohio PCC.

We had to wait a month and a half to get an interview with Centrelink for the Assurance of Support. The interview itself took about 40 minutes and was a relatively basic process, there was no follow up interview needed and the AoS was accepted on the spot and sent through to Canberra, then on to Washington that same day as our Assurer brought with him all the relevant documents needed which we were told is extremely important in regards to not needing a follow up interview.

Thank you so much again for the help we received, I don't think I can remember a more stressful time in my life and having the help of others that were and are going through the same thing made it easier.

:)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

copyedster
Member Avatar
Chinwagger
[ *  *  * ]
:partydots:
That rules! Now comes the fun part, right?

Congratulations, it's time to celebrate! :cheers:

LiBica
Member Avatar
Chinwagger
[ *  *  * ]
Ellikyre
Jan 17 2009, 06:58:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I hope I have posted this in the right spot, apologies if I haven't. My fiance and I were extremely lucky to find this board about 5 months ago and the help we received was absolutely priceless, we couldn't believe how lucky we were to have found a place like this with such wonderful and helpful members. We applied for our Prospective Marriage Visa and I just got an extremely excited call from my fiance telling me his Visa was granted! :)

I will post our timeline and any information that might be helpful for others going through this process but if there is anything else that anyone would like to know, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Fiance is from : Ohio, USA.
Visa applied for at the Washington Office, USA.
Visa Type: Prospective Marriage Visa, Subclass 300.

17th Sep 2008: Sent Application to Washington
19th Sep 2008: Application Confirmation received. Medical requested
4th Nov 2008: Medical done and sent to Washinton
10th Dec 2008: Assurance of Support requested
15th Jan 2009: Assurance of Support completed and sent to Washinton
17th Jan 2009: VISA GRANTED

All up it took 4 months to the day. Our case officer was amazing (im unsure whether or not it's ok to put their initials so I won't for now) She was extremely helpful and answered both the emails we sent her with questions within a day or so. We sent our application registered post and placed loosely (no folders, paperclips or staples) in an envelope and included the FBI PCC and Ohio PCC.

We had to wait a month and a half to get an interview with Centrelink for the Assurance of Support. The interview itself took about 40 minutes and was a relatively basic process, there was no follow up interview needed and the AoS was accepted on the spot and sent through to Canberra, then on to Washington that same day as our Assurer brought with him all the relevant documents needed which we were told is extremely important in regards to not needing a follow up interview.

Thank you so much again for the help we received, I don't think I can remember a more stressful time in my life and having the help of others that were and are going through the same thing made it easier.

:)
Congratulations! You must be so excited! Glad the process went smoothly for you.

BTW I'm in Ohio too and moving to Melbourne in July. Where is your fiance from? I'm in Dayton (and freezing right now!).

Ellikyre
Piker
Thanks so much :) and yup extremely excited and relieved!

LiBica, my Fiance is in Freeport, Ohio and its freezing there!! I definately feel for you, when we were on the phone just before, he went outside and I could hear the wind and it sounded nasty! Goodluck with your move to Melbourne in July, no more -15.C weather for ya then :)

(gordon38555)
Piker
Congrats

Janda
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gratz!!!!! :redpepper: :partydots: :eggplant:
Posted Image
"I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose"
www.krydev.com - Custom Web Design, Development, Graphics and more.

Pamm
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
:woohoo: Yay! That's great! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

incognito
Chatterbox
[ *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations!!

:partydots:

chocopaws
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you! Four months is not bad at all! :)

This forum is definitely a great place for people who are stressing over visas and moving issues. I hope you'll be able to stick around and let us know how things progress with your prospective hubby once he lands in good ol' Oz!

minx
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
:yaay: Congrats! :partydots:
Great American Baking Company
Authentic American Pastries and Breads

Kymanne
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am so happy for you! All the stress, work, and waiting paid off! I can't wait for the day that I can make this post!
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Samantha
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
:congrats:
Posted Image

i<3sydney
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
how fantastic! best of luck to you both :)

TerritorianTori
Member Avatar
Being boring
[ *  *  *  * ]
:congrats: Ellikyre! Glad you found the forum helpful, and thanks for posting your timeline which I'm sure will help others too!

:cheers:

Ellikyre
Piker
Thanks so much for all the well wishes from everyone :ta: :ta: :ta:

Boozilla
Piker
I am hoping to move to Australia in the near future and reading through the old posts like this on this forum is enough to melt a kitten's heart. :congrats:

Mouse
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
well you certainly found a very friendly expat forum full of people that are willing to share their personal experiences with their moves, tips, what's happening in the country here now... etc.

When you have the questions, just ask... and welcome to the YDU family :wave:
John 3:16 - One of the most powerful messages ever given.

« Previous Topic · Visa Processing Times · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone