Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Portlandia
Topic Started: Jan 17 2011, 07:44:02 PM (3,113 Views)
AmbroseChick
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
For all of us from the Pacific Northwest - this is hilarious!

The new IFC show called Portlandia... warning - it *might* make you homesick!

Portlandia
Check it out! Facebook page: Americans Living in Queensland
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KimInMellie
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
Love it! :mrgreen: I'm not even from Portland and the clip I watched made me miss it. (Before I got 'sidetracked' on this crazy move to Oz, I was planning to move to Portland.) :) What a great city.
Posted Image

Go that way really, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn. -- Charles De Mar

shylady
Member Avatar
oldYank
[ *  *  *  * ]
Love it, too! :mrgreen: (Gee, sometimes Perth reminds me of "stuck in the '90's!)
"I could’ve turned a different corner, I could’ve gone another place... " ku,'09

AmbroseChick
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
At least its better then Queensland where I feel like I'm stuck in the 80's!

jasperbell_cam
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is where my roots in Portland at the 142nd Fighter Wing at PDX. I miss it and so does my aussie wife she calls it home. I feel its the best place on the west coast to raise kids and good schools too. looking to buy a house there first. I just wonder how if it is lacking more jobs than California or Washington? I still have my step kids standing under the perverted Portlandia Statue in downtown Portland and laughing at it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

incognito
Chatterbox
[ *  *  *  * ]
KimInMellie
Jan 18 2011, 10:02:30 AM
Love it! :mrgreen: I'm not even from Portland and the clip I watched made me miss it. (Before I got 'sidetracked' on this crazy move to Oz, I was planning to move to Portland.) :) What a great city.
Kim we thought of moving there too!! We ruled it out though b/c with that weather I'd need a Prozac drip. I don't do well with no sun!

We just watched the first episode of Portlandia the other day though and it's hilarious!

AmbroseChick
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love Portland - I lived there nearly 23 years - however I do not miss the weather. Not one bit.

Portlandia
Piker
Love it, hilarious show!!

Dev
Member Avatar
Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around.
[ *  *  *  * ]
BUAHAHAHA!!! I know this is really old, but I just saw it now. ;) It's SO TRUE! Love it. Love every bit of it.
Devon
-----------------------

"What a shame that bitter irony has no nutritional value." :mrgreen:

pdxpamela
Anklebiter
[ * ]
As a recent Portland transplant, I love that Portlandia and Grimm give Australians a point of reference to where I am from. I enjoy Portlania's quirkiness, but the visuals of Grimm better capture the entire city and make me miss it more.

snoozy
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
AmbroseChick
Jan 18 2011, 06:40:45 PM
At least its better then Queensland where I feel like I'm stuck in the 80's!
Ain't that the truth!! I've decided fashion here is cheap 80's.

I've never seen Portlandia, but my sister is a Portlandian and she LOVES the show!

jasperbell_cam
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just started watching it and love it. I lived there for 20 years myself. Its funny to see some of the parks on burnside in the show too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mouse
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
eh.. what the heck.. why not breathe a little life into this thread... I just saw the first episode of the new season.. friggin' hilarious! :mrgreen:
John 3:16 - One of the most powerful messages ever given.

Angleiron
Piker
I have lived 60 years in Portland. Keep thinking it rains here all the time. That way we have less people around to enjoy our 6-month long temperate summer! :cheers:

« Previous Topic · News & Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone