Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Crawfish Boil seasoning
Topic Started: Mar 3 2012, 02:45:27 PM (2,307 Views)
Trilly
Piker
Hi Everyone! I love this forum and I've been lurking here for some time but finally got the need to post.

A group of us decided to try our first Louisiana-style crawfish boil here in Perth. We've lined up some live yabbies but now we are looking for seasoning. I have some Zatarain's Liquid Shrimp and Crab Boil, but I miss the dry seasoning packets that we could find so easily back home. I seem to recall seeing Zatarain's brand name at a few stores around Perth so I called International Foods on Canning Hwy and at The Herdsman but neither have any boil in stock.

Have any of y'all seen the dry seasoning around Perth? It doesn't have to be Zatarain's, and I'm willing to try a local crab boil mix, so I'm coming here for suggestions.

Thanks!!!
Moved to Perth in Feb of 2009
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sheowahya
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't seen any "boil'in seasons" in stores since I've been here, not even at or near the fish markets of Lakes Entrance, but you might like to try this...

http://www.usafoods.com.au/p5572/southern-bbq/southern-cajun-all-purpose-crawfish-shrimp-crab-boil/

cheers
Marilyn
My Social Connections
===============================
https://www.facebook.com/MarilynMWilliams
http://au.linkedin.com/in/marilynwilliams/
Twitter: @Sheowahya

Trilly
Piker
Thank you, sheowahya :) Are you in Perth? I'm hoping to find something in the Perth area, otherwise I'll gladly order your suggestion from USA Foods.

Pothole
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
G'day Trilly mate have a chook at this Crab Boil from Herbie's Spices. Stockists in WA here Herbie's Spices WA stockists

Let us know how she goes :)
Edited by Pothole, Mar 3 2012, 06:51:41 PM.
Those Who Lose Dreaming are Lost. Aboriginal Proverb
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour Anon

Trilly
Piker
Hi Pothole, I had never heard of Herbie's Spices so I appreciate the tip. And thanks for the link for the stockists, I'll definitely check them out :)

thespicepeople46
Piker
Pothole
Mar 3 2012, 06:48:24 PM
G'day Trilly mate have a chook at this Crab Boil from Herbie's Spices. Stockists in WA here Herbie's Spices WA stockists

Let us know how she goes :)
enrich your recipes with The Spice People they're awesome ♥

« Previous Topic · Tucker Time · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone