Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where to buy cranberries?
Topic Started: Dec 14 2012, 11:50:54 AM (6,756 Views)
bubbles
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have been here over two years and it has just now crossed my mind that cranberries probably arent sold here as they are grown in lots of water and Australia is basically a sand pit :rollin:

Anyone know if its possible to buy fresh cranberries in Melbourne? I was going to use them for some Christmas recipes but might have to scratch that idea.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bindie
Member Avatar
True Blue Mate

This was posted a few entries down under the Thanksgiving post:

http://yanksdownunder.net/single/?p=8051872&t=8842335

- I bought some frozen Cranberry's made it by scratch first year I was here but haven't seen them out that often since. Though I do know Coles carries Cranberry Sauce in a jar, I think it is in the spread section could be wrong as my boyfriends mom picked it up for me last year. -

Hope it helps some. :)
Edited by Bindie, Dec 14 2012, 09:22:47 PM.
The future is no place / to place your better days, "Cry Freedom", Dave Matthews Band

Canberra, ACT since 2004

Cimexus
True Blue Mate
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah cranberries aren't a big thing here. Though technically there's nothing stopping us growing them if we wanted - we do have suitable areas. Most of Australia is dry as a ... very dry thing, but not all.

smithmoir
Piker
These people sell "fresh frozen" cranberries. They have outlets in most major cities in Aust.

http://www.frozberries.com.au/

« Previous Topic · Tucker Time · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone