Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Yanks Down Under!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Student visa questions
Topic Started: May 6 2015, 09:35:48 AM (886 Views)
Paragon Rabbit
[ * ]
I'm coming to Melbourne at the end of July on a WHV & I was wondering a few things:

if I wanted to extend my stay would I be able to apply for a student visa while I'm in Australia or would I need to leave the country?

Should I bring my high school transcript/documentation of schooling?

My working experience is mostly warehouse work so I'm not sure my skills are applicable towards the skilled occupation list so I've been thinking about getting into the construction field & the 572 visa.

Seeing that I'm able to study for 4 months under the WHV, I'm strongly considering taking advantage of that but I'm not sure vocational courses are permitted within the 4 months. I'm hoping to find a foothold in some career path & effectively have a head start in my education when applying for a student visa after my WHV expires. I've been thinking about construction since it seems to be a high demand and could lead to further residency. It seems either becoming a student or marrying a Aussie would be the only way I could stay should I so desire. Any advice or input is much appreciated.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Hi if you have a tourist visa, Australian immigration will expect you to apply from your county for full time student visa. you may be able to change it to study and holiday visa. if you want to find more information you need to visit Australian immigration website or www.teachmeaustralia.com there are a lot of useful information about Australia. if you change your visa you are only allowed to 20 hours per week during school period. during school holidays you want work as much as you want.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
I also was looking for the ielts zirakpur institute and found a good one. I consulted the staff for my Australian visa as well. They cleared all my doubts regarding that. Also the IELTS faculty in tis institute is also amazing. They helped me cover everything on time for the test.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
« Previous Topic · Immigration & Visas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Logo designed by Catnip Graphics | Buttons Designed by Thanatös of the ZB Theme Zone